LuLaRoe clothes are rapidly gaining popularity, thanks to their unique designs, soft buttery feel and trendy patterns and prints. These comfy knit fabric items, made exclusively in the United States, need the best care so that they do not shrink or lose their softness.
As such, it is essential for you to know how to wash LuLaRoe clothes! Below are the steps to follow when washing your LuLaRoe collection!
- Get the correct laundry detergent: Gentle or non-concentrated detergent works best for LuLaRoe clothes.
- Clean the sink: Your kitchen sink should be free of any greasy residue. If you are using the bathroom sink, clean it to remove any traces of skin care products.
- Separate your garments: Light and dark-colored clothes should be washed separately to prevent color damage.
- Turn garments inside out: Check for stains before you turn the clothes inside out so that you can pay special attention to those spots. In addition, if you intend to dry your clothes outside, they should be turned inside out to prevent sun damage.
- Get the drying area ready: Get your pants hangers, drying rack and clean towels ready.
2. Washing Your LuLaRoe Clothes
- Prepare the washing water: Fill your kitchen or bathroom sink with lukewarm water, to just about ¾ full.
- Put in laundry softener: If the water you are using to wash the clothes is hard water, you will need to use laundry softener. Two ounces of laundry softener pellets are sufficient.
- Pour in the detergent: A ¼ capful of laundry detergent should be enough.
- Mix the wash water well: Stir the washing water until both the detergent and laundry softener are completely dissolved. If you omit this step, you may find soap residue on your clothes after rinsing.
- Put the clothes in the water: Submerge four to five items of similar colors in the washing water until they are completely soaked. Leave them to soak for at least five minutes.
- Agitate the garments: Agitate or swish your clothes in the water so that they can get clean. If the clothes have stains or heavily soiled sections, scrub these areas lightly.
- Soak for a few more minutes: Let the clothes sit in the water for ten to fifteen minutes, so that any residual dirt comes off.
- Gently agitate the garments in the water once more: Swish the clothes again to make sure they are clean.
- Remove the garments from the washing water: Take the garments out of the water one by one, as you hold each one in a ball and press out the water. Do not squeeze the garments.
- Drain out the soapy water: Drain all the soapy water out and rinse the sink in preparation for the next step.
- Rinse your clothes: Fill the sink with clean rinsing water and then put the garments in. Swish them gently to remove any traces of soap. Remove the clothes from the water, and drain the rinsing water in preparation for the next rinse. Repeat this step until there is no visible trace or scent of soap in your clothes.
- Prepare your clothes for drying: Gently press out excess water from the clothes one by one, and place them on a clean towel as you prepare to hang them.
- Dry your clothes: You can choose to hang your LuLaRoe garments outside, lay them flat on a towel inside or outside, or put them on the drying rack.
- Machine washing: If you feel confident enough to put your precious LuLaRoe clothes in the machine, choose the delicate or gentle wash cycle. Be sure to use cold water and a mild detergent.
LuLaRoe clothes will give you excellent service if you treat them well. Take good care of your LuLaRoes, and they will continue to look as good as the day you bought them!