The Rowenta DW5080 model has a 400 holes soleplate made of stainless steel. This allows it to press the fabric gently but efficiently as you maneuver through the garment with its precision tip reaching edges and inside the pleats.
To remove wrinkles from any garment, you need an iron that glides smoothly distributing steam evenly and reaching corners and under the buttons. This design promises to do all that and more.
- Stainless steel soleplate – this durable soleplate flaunts 400 holes to distribute the steam evenly over the garment. It also has a precision tip to iron edges and pleats.
- Powerful steam production – the steam bursts out of the holes to straighten the worst of wrinkles in seconds and with minimal effort on your part.
- Anti-calc system – Calcium deposits will no longer destroy your iron and make it inefficient.
- Self-clean system – this iron eliminates all minerals effortlessly. It ensures the iron lasts longer with the same efficiency as when you bought it.
Anti-drip system – when ironing on low temperatures, this feature prevents water drips.
- 3-way shut off – It shuts off in half a minute when you leave it lying horizontally or you tip it over. If you leave it vertically, it shuts off in 8 minutes.
- Accepts any type of water – you can use tap water or any other type that is available.
What I like about this Iron
- I love the efficiency of this iron. It does not matter how wrinkled the fabric is, you can iron even clothes that have been stuffed in the corner of the closet for months, and get the creases out in just three minutes.
- The cord is long; you can work a distance away from the plug. You can also maneuver over the garment from one edge of the ironing board to the other.
- It shuts off. The worst that could happen to you while ironing clothes is a distraction that makes you forget the iron while it’s plugged in. With this model, if you leave it lying vertically, it shuts over in about 8 minutes. If it lies horizontally, it shuts off in less than a minute.
- You can use any type of water. One user acknowledged how this feature makes ironing so easy because you don’t have to look for distilled water when ironing. Just fill it up with tap water and the self-clean system will remove any calcium deposits.
- Some users say water leaks from the bottom. This might be a malfunction of one iron not every one of them.
- Question: Can I iron fabrics like knit with the lower temperature settings?
Answer: You can iron it, but if you are not sure, place a piece of cloth on top of your knit fabric for precaution.
- Question 2: Can I use distilled water?
Answer: You can use any water because it has a self-cleaning mechanism.
Where to Buy?
I would recommend you visiting Amazon.com to get the best prices. The other advantage of buying through Amazon is that you get to read authentic reviews of others who have bought from the site.
I was also able to compare the price of old and new irons of this model. I would recommend you head there. To see the latest prices on Amazon, click on the button below to be redirected to the site.